Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Autumn Group is on the Camino!

While I'm recuperating at home, Joe just informed me that his Autumn Group of Pilgrims have assembled and are on their way!  He has a wonderful group of folks this year, and all are anxious to test their stamina and see Spain!

Left to right:. Sandy, Barbara, Anne, Debbie, Lesley, Mary and Doug.

I understand things got off to an interesting start 
when the shuttle arrived early in Orisson.  
Welcome to the Camino! 
It throws you curve balls from the start, 
and remember, we warned you?
 Those who have walked the Camino are chuckling right now, 
as they know what you're going through.

Apparently, the Camino has gotten so busy this year, that Carolyn has hired help to run several shuttles, and they're still not quite organized.  This can make for some discomfort to Americans, especially, who are used to schedules.  In France and Spain, if you are invited to a party at 7 pm and you arrive at 9 pm, well, at least you've arrived, and nobody's feathers are fluffed. 

So my advice is to just roll with the punches and as I've always said, have absolutely NO expectations.  Just enjoy the ride!

I understand the walk over the Pyrenees was cool and windy. That's good for the group, as the week before people were falling over with heat stroke. Here is Sandy at Roland's Fountain, taking a much deserved rest. It looks wet and chilly to me. Great walking weather!



Today the group is in Zubiri. Tomorrow the easy walk to Pamplona and back to familiar digs. 

A good place to dump all that extra weight!  You can post it to Santiago and it will be waiting for you there!

Buen Camino, Peregrinos!
Stay in touch!
Annie

By the way, the new dates are up for 2017 if you know anyone who is interested in walking.  The Spring walk is FULL if everyone who has inquired signs up. In that case, we may have a second group.  We are considering an Autumn Group, but will wait to see if there is interest.  I am 99% sure I will not walk this year, but you know me, I may change my mind once I'm feeling better. If I do not walk, my neighbor has expressed interest in leading a group. She walked the entire route last year, so is experienced and toying with the idea. 

Stay tuned . . . 

1 comment:

All comments are moderated.